The 4 oz. bottle will coat 1 - 2 sets of average-sized car tires (or 1 set of SUV Tires) – two applications.
Black Pearl tire Shine is a polymer-based 'permanent' tire shine
composition. It is a clear-coat. It is best applied with a 2-inch high
density foam roller. It forms a flexible, durable, dry-film that is not
tacky. One or two coats are recommended. Two coats produces a blacker
and shinier finish. It can be applied year-round (down to 50 F), and is
not affected by rain, snow, road salt, will not evaporate on hot, sunny
days, and dust (including brake dust) and particulate (under dry-driving
conditions) will not adhere to the surface.
The finish is blacker and shinier than conventional silicone oil-based
products. Films are also not damaged by pressure washers or the car
wash. The finish lasts for several months under normal (i.e.,
city/highway) driving conditions. A fresh coat may be applied directly
over older films that are clean and dry. No additional surface
preparation is required. The product is non-toxic, non-flammable (i.e.,
water-based), and non-hazardous.
Application time on average sized car tires is approximately ten to
fifteen minutes per 4 tires - one coat. It dries in 20 - 40 minutes,
depending on temperature and humidity.
Preparation: Taken From Printed Instructions
• Tire surfaces should be clean, dry, and free of silicone oil (e.g.,
from other tire shine products, and mold release agents on new tires),
road grime, and brake dust before applying this product to ensure proper
adhesion and a desirable finish.
• Clean tires first with OmniClean or a similar commercial sodium
hydroxide/sodium metasilicate-based cleaner/degreaser. Recommended
products include: Purple Power, Super Clean, and Westley’s Bleche Wite
(shown on the second website video).
• NOTE: Please review the safety precautions on the bottle before using these recommended cleaning products.
• Spray the cleaner/degreaser on liberally and scrub vigorously with a
soft-bristled brush capable of getting in and around the tread line, and
all of the raised lettering/numbering, etc. (e.g., a stiff nylon scrub
brush – auto parts stores sell brushes designed specifically for
• A dark brown discharge indicates that silicone oil, road grime, and/or brake dust IS present, and must be removed.
• Allow the cleaning product to sit on the tires for a few minutes, and then rinse thoroughly with water with scrubbing.
• Note: Be sure to rotate the tires during cleaning to ensure that the
entire tire surfaces (i.e., including the portions initially facing the
ground) are thoroughly cleaned.
• Tire surfaces are properly cleaned and ready for application when the
ENTIRE tire surfaces wet evenly, and are darker when wet (if in doubt,
allow tires to dry, and then re-wet).
• If the rinse water beads, and the tire surface does not darken when
wetted, on any part of the tire surfaces, the cleaning/scrubbing/rinsing
process MUST be repeated (See website ‘How To’ videos).
• Allow tires to dry completely before starting.
• NOTE: Failure to completely remove the oily residue from previous tire
shine products, or mold release agents, will prevent Black Pearl Trim
and Tire Armour (because it is water-based) from properly adhering to
tire surfaces, which will cause the cured films to start flaking off
once the vehicle is driven.
RECOMMENDATION: A very effective way to determine if the tires have been
properly cleaned is to prepare a small Black Pearl Trim and Tire
Armour test spot on one front tire first (one coat), allow to dry, and
then drive the vehicle a few miles. Inspect the test spot. If the film
is cracking, flaking, or is totally removed, the tires ARE NOT properly
Application: Black Pearl Trim And Tire Armour
• Apply with the included high density foam roller.
• If what look like small ‘craters’ (referred to as ‘fish eye’)
start forming on the film while applying product, there are residual
tire shine products, or mold release agents, or surfactants, on the
tires, which should be removed. Quickly rinse product off before it
starts to dry, and refer to the ‘Tire Surface Preparation’ section.
• If a blacker and shinier finish is desired, apply a second coat.
Wait for the first coat to dry completely before applying the second
• If two coats are to be applied on the same day, for added
convenience, the un-washed roller and tray may be stored in the
refrigerator between coats for up to approximately two hours.
• If this product gets on the wheel, or the body of the car, quickly
wipe off with a damp paper towel, sponge, or cloth. It will not harm
these types of surfaces.
• Allow coatings to dry completely before using the vehicle. Dry
time is approximately 30 minutes (i.e., milky appearance has totally
disappeared), depending on temperature and humidity.
• Do not expose a fresh coat to rain or sustained wetting, otherwise
the film may temporarily revert to the milky appearance.
• Driving with fresh coatings under dry conditions and/or exposing
them to direct sunlight, after they have completely dried, will
accelerate the final cure process.
• If the coatings get damaged (e.g. scuffed on a curb), clean the
damaged portions with a damp nylon dishwashing scrub pad. Use the
abrasive side to remove any loose flakes of coating that are still
sticking to the tire surface. Once the surface is clean and dry, apply a
fresh coat of product to the damaged portion.
• Clean fully cured coatings with OmniClean or a similar commercial
sodium hydroxide/sodium metasilicate-based cleaner/degreaser, and a
sponge or soft cloth, and rinse thoroughly with a pressure washer or
• A fresh coat may be applied directly over an existing film that is
clean and dry. No additional surface preparation is required.
• On warm days, do not apply under direct sunlight. Also, do not
apply when tire surfaces are warm. Also, do not apply under breezy/windy
conditions. These conditions will accelerate the dry-time, which may
result in a more textured final film and/or the formation of white spots
(due to incomplete bubble dissipation) on the film. An accelerated dry
time may also have an adverse effect on adhesion and longevity.
• Applying in an enclosed area, such as a garage, is recommended.
For added convenience, consider applying in the early evening and
allowing to cure overnight.
• Do not apply at temperatures below 50 degrees Fahrenheit or a
proper film may not form. If in doubt, prepare a small test spot first,
on one tire, to ensure best results.
Cleaning of paint tray and roller:
• The applicator and tray may be cleaned with water, or a mild
detergent solution, followed by a water-rinse. Clean these items before
the product dries.
• The foam roller should be soaked in a container of water for a few
hours. Otherwise, residual product still trapped in the foam will cause
the foam to become more firm.
Black Pearl - Trim and Tire Armour
- Brand: Miscellaneous
- Product Code: black-pearl-4oz
- Availability: In Stock