- Increases lubricity and reduces friction
- Lubricates paint delivering a slick, non-stick surface
- Perfect for using any clay bar or ideal for clay bars
- Formulated using wetting agents and lubricants
- Helps extend the life and effectiveness of your clay bar or clay block
Luber Synthetic Lubricant & Detailer is a high-lubricity lubricant specially formulated to increase lubricity and reduce friction. Luber lubricates paint delivering a slick, non-stick surface that is perfect for using any clay bar or clay block. Luber easily lubricates the surface so that a clay bar or clay block is easily and gently glided across to easily remove rail dust, water spots, tar, bugs and paint over-spray from automotive paint and glass surfaces. Luber contains highly reflective shining agents that form an ultra-thin protective coat that allows the clay block or clay bar to work more effectively and evenly on recently waxed or sealed surfaces. Luber is synthetic which means it works exceptionally well on any surface including glass.
Clay lubricant is essential to the performance and safety of clay. It provides the necessary slick surface for clay to glide on. Using low quality clay lubes or cheap detail sprays will deteriorate your bar and lead to poor clay bar performance. Also beware of soapy water as a clay lube, detergent or surfactant based soaps will cause the clay to deteriorate. Chemical Guys Luber is formulated specifically for streak free surface perfection in the sun or the shade and uniquely formulated to work with the chemical composite of clay bars. Chemical Guys Synthetic Clay+ Detailer will extend the life of your clay while delivering superior surface lubricity during claying. Clay bars absolutely need some kind of lubricant to work correctly. Without lubricant clay bars cannot move freely over the surface and work as intended. Without proper lubrication a clay bar will catch on contaminants, pull them across the surface and possibly scratch or mar paint. Lubricants aid the clay bar in lifting particles and allow the clay bar to move freely from raking roughly across the paint and causing possible scratches. Lubricants are formulated to work with the clay bar and will not impact the integrity and cleaning ability of a clay bar. Shampoos and car wash soaps may damage the clay bar leading to deterioration, which in turn will limits its cleaning ability and shorten its life span. Specially formulated clay lubricants are formulated with uniquely engineered surface lubricants to allow for superior gliding of the clay bar and provide a slippery protective layer that clay bars can safely glide across.
Many things can contaminate your vehicle's surface including brake dust, industrial fallout and rail dust. Industrial fallout is another word for pollution, it is a by-product of our surroundings. It comes from industrial businesses and factories as well as diesel vehicles and even airplane fallout. Rail dust is produced from the friction of train wheels against railroad tracks. Over 75% of all new vehicles are shipped by rail which means nearly all vehicles are contaminated as soon as they leave the factory. Luber Synthetic Lubricant & Detailer used with a clay bar well remove these contaminates from your vehicle's paint and keep it clean and smooth.
When to Clay Bar
You can clay bar your car as often as you wish or simply prior to waxing or polishing your vehicle. To acquire the best smooth as glass touch and feel result it is ideal to always clay bar your vehicle prior to application of wax, glaze, polish or paint sealant. Many people have never heard of clay baring because for a while clay bars were only available to professionals. Claying is less abrasive then polishing or buffing the surface. Claying actually pulls out foreign particles and contaminants that have embedded themselves in the paint. Polishes are intended more to be used as cleaners for paint, such as cleaning the paint, filling swirls and scratches, restoring and maximizing shine by smoothing over sharp edges.
How To Use:
- As a Quick Detail or Maintenance Spray:
- When using in very hot direct sunlight always mist on towel not surface, this will eliminate a hot surface from drying the product before you have an opportunity to even touch it with a towel.
- Simply mist on towel or surface.
- For the best results, use a microfiber towels to attract dust and minimize the risk of scratching.
- Do not use the same towel on your paint and glass that you have used on your wheels. and wipe off with clean towel or micro fiber.
- Mist after washing, while drying or anytime to for a fast dry with a superior shine.
- Excellent when sprayed on towel and used to remove cream or paste waxes that have hardened.
- Superior surface shine when used as a final cleaner to remove smudges or smears left behind from waxing or sealing.
As a Clay Bar Lubricant:
- Wash surface well with Premium Carwash Shampoo or Wash-N-Wax shampoo prior to claying a surface.
- Shake well. Work in areas about the size of a car door or half the hood.
- Generously Spray a light mist over clean surface,
- The objective is to keep the paint surface and clay well lubricated with the liquid detailer so the bar picks up the embedded debris in your paint but yet can still glide smoothly across the surface without the risk of scratching the surface.
- Continue lightly rubbing the clay over the surface until it moves freely
- Occasionally wipe off any residue with a towel and proceed to the next areas.
- If clay is hard to move or appears to resist easy wipe off, re-mist the cleaned area, then spray lubricant liberally over surface.
- For deeper cleaning when clay barring, only use Clay lube and never shampoo and water. This will extend the life of your clay bar as well as offer superior surface lubricity providing a nice slick surface for the clay to slide across.
Chemical Guys Luber - Clay Lubricant (128oz)
- Brand: Chemical Guys
- Product Code: 6228
- Availability: In Stock